[ntp:security] memory leak

geir.guldstein at no.abb.com geir.guldstein at no.abb.com
Fri Mar 14 08:44:30 UTC 2008

Hi Danny,

We finally tested the fix.

ISIC sent totally 1 000 000 000 000 packets at a rate of approx 15000 kbps.
Result: No significant increase in the process' memory usage, and no other
instable behavior. The conclusion is therefore that the problem is fixed.
Thank you for your support!

We would be glad if someone can indicate when there will be new NTP
"Production" release with this fix included.

Again, thank you for your excellent support.

Kind regards
Geir Guldstein

             Danny Mayer
             <mayer at ntp.isc.or
             g>                                                         To
                                       Geir Guldstein/NOINA/ABB at ABB
             04.02.2008 05:13                                           cc
                                       Heiko Gerstung
                                       <heiko.gerstung at meinberg.de>, Kai
             Please respond to         Hansen/NOCRC/ABB at ABB, Frank Kardel
             mayer at ntp.isc.org         <kardel at ntp.org>, Kevin
                                       McGrath/NOABB/ABB at ABB, Martin
                                       Burnicki
                                       <martin.burnicki at meinberg.de>,
                                       security at ntp.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [ntp:security] memory leak

geir.guldstein at no.abb.com wrote:
> Hi Danny,
>
> Thank you for working on our problem.
>
> We are happy to test your fix. You can send the changed code me.
> Alternatively, please indicate when the fix will be available as a
> "development" download at www.ntp.org.
>
> Best regards
> Geir

The fixes are in the latest tarball. I would appreciate it if you could
pull it and test it against ISIC and see if the problem is fixed.

Please let me know one way or the other.