[ntp:security] Malicious IP

Michael Gutzat gutzat at stsci.edu
Fri Jul 18 15:58:21 UTC 2014

We have recently added the 0.us.pool.ntp.org to some of our internal systems as a tertiary time source.    Since then we have been getting reports from our IDS for IP address 216.93.242.12 which is also listed on several black lists as it is known to host malware.

How do we get this IP removed from the pool?
----
Michael Gutzat
Sr. System Administrator
Space Telescope Science Institute
(410) 338-4405
(302) 559-8170 (C)
------
"There are 10 different kinds of people in this world — those who understand binary and those who don't."
Remember 10 is company, 11 is a crowd and 101 is a handful!
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Life is more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party!