[ntp:security] gettimeofday returning decreasing time values at certain times

Nidhi Madappa pknidhi.madappa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 07:11:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm using an old implementation of gettimeofday API borrowed from ntp.org.
When gettimeofday is called it uses no.of cycles elapsed from a reference
time to give the time in Usec granularity.

I have found that it returns incorrect times i.e the curent time < previous
time.

I was wondering if there is any fix that has gone through for it. Also can
I get to look at the latest implementation of gettimeofday ?

Would appreciate if you could direct me to the right place if this not the
email id to post questions.

Thanks,
Nidhi