[ntp:security] [FICORA #829967] ntpd control message crash

Harlan Stenn stenn at nwtime.org
Sun Jun 21 06:14:42 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

Who do we "credit" for finding this problem?  Pasi and Aleksis?

When we publish, what URL do we use for FICORA #829967 ?

By my calculations, the CVSS score for this issue is between 1.4 (or
less) and 4.9 (at likely worst).  Do you agree?

While we have not yet duplicated the issue, I'm confident I know how to
fix it.  I'd like that fix to be part of the upcoming 4.2.8p3 release,
before the leap second.  Probably later this week, most likely on the 25th.

Do you see any need to delay the publication or release of this issue?

Thanks!

Harlan Stenn <stenn at nwtime.org>