[ntp:security] NTP Security bugs

Harlan Stenn stenn at nwtime.org
Tue May 3 22:48:21 UTC 2016

Hi Gerv,

As mlichvar at redhat.com, I just opened a "test" bug in the Security
component of NTP, and our tockbot noticed this and posted:

22:43  tock> New ntp bug 3042 filed by mlichvar at redhat.com.
22:43  tock> Bug http://bugs.ntp.org/3042 enhancement, P5, ---, stenn,
             CONFIRMED , test

I know you've been waiting for a VM to bring up a new instance of
bugzilla for us.

The good news is we might actually have that VM deployed later this week.

Should we ignore the above issue until then?

It may be that we want "tock" to not make announcements about bugs that
get opened up in the Security component.

We do have folks who look thru our bug reports and notice "holes" and
assume they are security incidents.  Not sure if there is anything we
could or should do anything about this.
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at nwtime.org>