[ntp:security] CVE Request 465531 for CVE Numbering Authority (CNA)

CVE Request CVE-Request at mitre.org
Tue Feb 20 19:28:40 UTC 2018

Hi Harlan,

I am sorry to hear that communications broke down and happy to hear you are still interested in becoming a CNA.  Unfortunately, Dan is no longer with CVE program.  I have taken over the position of CNA Coordinator.

Since we last talked, the CNA program has changed its structure, and all new open source CNAs must be created through the Distributed Weakness Filing (DWF) CNA.  My understing is that Network Time Foundation's scope would be the open source software it maintains.  If that is the case, then you should contact kurt at seifried.org for instruction on how to become a CNA.

If I am incorrect in NTP's scope or you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact the CVE Team.

-

Jonathan Evans

CVE Naming Authority (CNA) Coordinator

CVE Team