[ntp:security] [VU#708491] NTP vulnerability, CVE-2018-12327

Harlan Stenn stenn at nwtime.org
Sun Jul 22 08:20:50 UTC 2018

"Although I hate to judge before all the facts are in, it's beginning to
look like General Ripper exceeded his authority."

So from what I can see, this issue was first reported to Symatec, along
with a PUBLIC EXPLOIT, long before it was ever reported to us.

Is this true?

If so, has somebody LARTed the reporter?

This appears to have been reported via Symantec.

Does Symantec really not know any better about how these things should
be handled?

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at nwtime.org>