[ntp:security] NTP server - Gibraltar

Gonzalo de Prado gprado at sapphire.gi
Tue Mar 27 13:12:15 UTC 2018

Good Morning again,

We believe we have pinpoint the issue with the ntp servers. We believe they have installed a very low rate limit on the servers and need to be adjusted.

>From the wireshark capture screenshot below you can see that after requesting 3 times from ntp server 185.94.79.79 within an small interval, the first two it comes right but the third one comes with an invalid time and a reference ID of "Unidentified reference source RATE"

Will you be so kind to contact the person responsible for these ntp servers and report it to them and if possible in the meantime remove them from the pool?

[cid:image001.png at 01D3C5DD.EAB4FB50]

Best regards,

Gonzalo De Prado - DDI: +35020049785
Technical Department