[ntp:security] FW: Patch Release

stevos at nwtime.org stevos at nwtime.org
Tue Apr 30 04:53:12 UTC 2019

Hi Maurice,

On 4/26/2019 8:12 AM, REID, MAURICE C SR GS-11 USAF AETC 82 CS/SCOIN wrote:

> |How do I know what type of NTP clock this patch pertains too?|

We published ntp-4.2.8p13 publicly on 2019-03-07.

The release notes for p13 are available to the public by downloading the
tarball package which contains a .txt file for release notes here
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Main/SoftwareDownloads or you can view the
release notes in html. That should have enough info to tell you if the 9383
is affected. The wiki site, http://support.ntp.org, is a great resource for
all things NTP. Please feel free to register for the wiki when you visit.

> |We have a model Spectracom Corp. Model 9383|

According to
https://spectracom.com/documents/netclock-9300-series-discontinuance-notice/
attachment, the NetClock 9300 Series went EOL on 05 Jan 2015.

That announcement from Orolia USA/Spectracom says:

Support for the Netclock 9300 expected to be available until December 2020.
However, no updates to software or firmware versions will be  made. Product
support will include technical assistance for installation, documentation,
and repair or replacement with  functionally equivalent units.

Do you know what version of NTP is on the NetClock 9383 currently?

If NTP is important to your group, we'd be happy to work with you to develop
and provide a support contract for NTP, and/or work with your group to
arrange for one of our experts to evaluate your NTP infrastructure.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Warm regards,

Steve Sullivan

Network Time Foundation, Inc.

 <http://www.nwtime.org/> www.nwtime.org

949-423-6901

Of REID, MAURICE C SR GS-11 USAF AETC 82 CS/SCOIN
How do I know what type of NTP clock this patch pertains too?

We have a model Spectracom Corp. Model 9383

ntp-4.2.8p13 was released on 07 March 2019