[ntp:security] **Network Time Foundation - CVE Program and becoming a CNA**

CNA Coordinator Email cna-coordinator at mitre.org
Fri May 29 19:44:25 UTC 2020

Hello Network Time Foundation,

My name is Jo Bazar and I am the CNA Coordinator Lead for the CVE Program. I am reaching out to inform you of the benefits of becoming a CVE Numbering Authority (CNA).  As you know, CVE is a listing of public references for known cybersecurity vulnerabilities.

You are likely to be somewhat familiar with the CNA/CVE program already. I would like to invite you to learn more about the CNA program and to consider becoming a part of the program. Please view  this video as it provides an overview of the many benefits of Becoming a CNA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqRZg02AP-g&feature=youtu.be). Becoming a CNA has advantages to bring to your security response team and to your company. By becoming a CNA and issuing your own CVEs, you can 'own the message' about your vulnerability receipt requirements and your advisories. Note that there are no monetary fees, no contract to sign, CNAs volunteer their own time for their own benefit.

If you would like to discuss further details about the CNA program, I would be very happy to discuss this by email or by phone? If there were any concerns or reasons why you did not become a CNA in the past, please share these with us. We'd like the opportunity to understand these. We are always striving to improve.

Respectfully,

Jo Bazar
Lead CNA Coordinator| cna-coordinator at mitre.org<mailto:cna-coordinator at mitre.org>
jbazar at mitre.org<mailto:jbazar at mitre.org>