[ntp:hackers] autokeyand IPv6?

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Aug 14 07:35:33 PDT 2003

At 10:03 AM 8/14/03, David L. Mills wrote:
>John,
>
>This doesn't make sense. The TEST11 you found happens only if one of the
>identity schemes failed, if you are using one, or the signature failed
>on some message. But that bit got set on the identity exchange, which
>doesn't do anything like that. This looks very much like an old version
>bug. That particular bit has a long history of anal-retention. Are you
>using a recent ntp_crypto.c? The current one in ntp-dev is 26 July, but
>things that might affect you settled down a couple of months ago.
>Meanwhile, I see your IPv6 Autokey broke, which is not unexpected.

Dave, while I am reminded of this, is it a true statement to say that
findbcastinter() and findinterface() are looking for the interface
associated with a given remote address that presumably has been
added to the multicast list/broadcast list or just the unicast address in
the case of findinterface()? If so, I'd like to redo the code to keep an
easy-to-find list to handle this.

Danny