[ntp:hackers] IPv6 and autokey fixed?

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Tue Aug 19 19:43:05 PDT 2003

Dave,
	I think that I was able to fix the IPv6 problem. It turns out that on the Sun
boxes (and maybe others) but not BSD the UP flag is not being set on the
interface and the code to check the addresses was checking this flag. Since
it wasn't set the interface was not being enabled. I believe that this was
affecting
the code for finding the multicast address (it wasn't there). Things look much
better now that I disabled this check. I first tested this on pogo and harlan
was getting the others in the flock set up also. Can you take a look at this
code and see if it is now working to your satisfaction?

Thanks to John Hay for providing the insight into resolving this.

Danny