[ntp:hackers] Some NTP services to be terminated or relocated at UDel

Michael Davis davis at mail.eecis.udel.edu
Wed Aug 20 08:37:59 PDT 2003

In message <a06001a27bb693be66c23@[10.0.1.4]>,Brad Knowles writes:
>At 2:53 AM +0000 2003/08/20, David L. Mills wrote:
>
>	I am perfectly happy to implement whatever UDel EECIS policy may
>exist.  But I want to hear what that policy is from the people who
>set that policy, before I go blindly trying to do something.  I
>prefer not to use the "Ready, Fire, Aim" method, or to blindfold the
>people with the weapons, as opposed to the person to be executed.
>

>From what I can concern, the main issue is the

smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain

option that we don't deploy because it restricts too many valid
senders that are unwilling/unable to configure their systems
properly.

In a University Environment, it's difficult to balance a secure
system with an open system, so this is a trade-off we have to
endure.

If I'm missing something else at the moment, I'm sorry, things
are hectic enough around here with the start of term approaching..

thanks
mike