[ntp:hackers] A wee experiment

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Mon Dec 1 11:01:18 PST 2003

David L. Mills wrote:

> Tim,
>
> ftp.udel.edu:pub/ntp/software/ntp-4.2.0.tar.gz doesn't work? Just to be
> ornery, I came up ftp://ftp.udel.edu/pub/ntp/software and it came up
> there, too.

There's still something strange here:

550 /ntp/software/ntp-4.2.0.tar.gz: No such file or directory.

550 /ntp/software/: No such file or directory.

I am running via my default proxy server, proxyeu4.hda.hydro.com.

This server is properly configured with forward and reverse DNS info:

c:\>nslookup proxyeu4.hda.hydro.com
Server:  vkhdsu01.hda.hydro.com
Address:  136.164.216.11

Name:    bluecoat1.hda.hydro.com
Address:  136.164.222.201
Aliases:  proxyeu4.hda.hydro.com

c:\>nslookup 136.164.222.201
Server:  vkhdsu01.hda.hydro.com
Address:  136.164.216.11

Name:    bluecoat1.hda.hydro.com
Address:  136.164.222.201

I really don't hope your ftp guys are paranoid enough to disallow alias
names?

Terje

- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>