[ntp:hackers] A wee experiment

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Mon Dec 1 23:30:59 PST 2003

> Reg,
>

> Aside, lose the ntpdc. It is broken, evil and just plain wrong in many
> places. Trust ntpq verily.
>
> Dave

Yes, Yes, I know, but i like the wider fields in ntpdq, and I like the
disp field rather than the jitter field.  The disp field seems to walk
down nicely towards zero when things are working, and there seems to
be no coorespondence between the disp and jitter when I print out both
ntpq and ntpdc.

With wider fields (I think this is just a formatting thing) and disp
Id shift to using ntpq in an instance.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com