[ntp:hackers] syslog: no IPv6 interfaces found

Frederick Bruckman fredb at immanent.net
Wed Dec 10 13:08:40 PST 2003

Hi,

A NetBSD user complains about the syslog message "no IPv6 interfaces
found", in NetBSD PR bin/23703:

   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2003/12/10/0002.html
   http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=23703

(It may take a little while for the full history to show up at the
second location.) I'm thinking he's probably right, and that it's just
a left-over from before "ntpd" was built IPv6-capable by default, but
I hesitate to introduce gratuitious differences, so I thought I'd
better ask here first. So how do you feel about removing that message?

Frederick