[ntp:hackers] Pending bugs...

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Jul 2 19:12:52 PDT 2003

At 03:50 AM 7/1/03, Harlan Stenn wrote:
>Folks,
>
>There is 1 open bug for 4.1.2:
>
>  Bug 129 (Resolver hang under HP-UX 11).

This would also be open for 4.2.0? These will eventually get fixed
with the async resolver along with some other bug reports.

>There are 2 open bugs for 4.2.0:
>
>  Bug 135 (AIX5: "Address already in use" for IPv6 wildcard)

It's not clear that this is an ntp bug. It may be a AIX problem.

>  Bug 139 (ntp-4.1.80-rc1 build fails on HP-UX 11i)

This should get fixed shortly. There are actually two unrelated problems,
one due to an undefined function (isc_log_write()) that is specific to hpux
since it only gets included for hpux and one relating to IPv6 and broadast.
According to RFC 3513 there is no IPv6 broadcast address.

I expect to fix both problems in this report within the next few days. I will
also need to look at ntp_io.c and remove references to IPv6 broadcast.

>We do not have access to any of these platforms so debugging and fixing
>these problems is Difficult.
>
>If anybody can help with these problems, we'd appreciate it.
>
>If we these bugs aren't resolved soon I'm going to release with these
>bugs in them.

These aren't bugs. These are "opportunities for product improvement"!

Danny