[ntp:hackers] idev vs cdev in /etc/ntp.audio config

Harlan Stenn stenn at www.ntp.org
Sun Oct 5 13:13:58 PDT 2003

The audio code is also used by the IRIG drivers (I think).

We want all of the audio drivers to use the code.

It would help if folks with access to the various systems would
collaborate and fix it right and portably.

I know there has also been discussion of supporting 2 sources per audio
device, using the left channel for one source and the right channel for
the other.

This collaboration is exactly the sort of thing I'd like to see on the
Project Members page of the twiki, probably under DevelopmentIssues.