[ntp:hackers] Downtime

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Oct 31 10:55:54 PST 2003

Guys,

I expect this will impact nobody, but just for record:

I am in process of replacing and upgrading the power distribution,
conditioning and battery backup of the backroom machines herd. I expect
one or another machine will be down at various times today. Maybe you
noticed a couple of days ago we lost power for eight hours. We were told
a large truch demolished a pole somewhere, probably on a twisty-curvy,
narrow road through a state park near here. We are getting things like
that on almost a weekly basis now. This is in addition to the second or
so interuption we get every Friday or Monday. We now have a UPS total of
3200 KVA to bridge AC line glitches. In addition, we have 80 AH of 12-V
to run the radios for up to a week.