[ntp:hackers] Repairs, continued

David L. Mills mills at UDel.Edu
Wed Sep 10 12:45:43 PDT 2003

Guys,

This has been a most painful period. Too many things broken I am
incompetent to fix. Well, not entirely. FreeBSD backroomers howland and
beauregard have been reconfigured and now back on air. SuOS backroomer
grundoon has a new motherboard and fixed serial port. Backroomer mort
has a new Exabyte VXA drive and all disks are backed up either VXA or
DAT. The web master pages have been copied from campus via DAT to
mort:/whimsy/public_html. Solaribum deacon is a nasty case; workin' on
it.

I have asked for advice on what to move from backroom to campus and what
to do about whimsy mail relocate. I have received none.

I have rebuilt backroom ntp-dev on the Freebies and SunOS with joy. I
have no joy with Solaris nor with make dist, as my previous messages
have reported. Having received no confirmation or answer, I might have
to indulge in unlicensed surgery.