[ntp:hackers] Suspect step

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Wed Sep 24 09:42:13 PDT 2003

Guys,

I am suspicious of the ntpd behavior after a step time adjustment. On a
couple of occasions after step ntpd stopped sending updates. Every time
I tested however, no such thing happened. This is something like the
problem we had with Solaris where the interval timer got confused with
large time steps. I thought that was fixed. Meanwhile, I caught pogo in
this condition after John started ntpd after Isabel, but can't reproduce
it.

John, did you see this happen with rackety?