[ntp:hackers] Re: ping?

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Mon Sep 29 14:11:28 PDT 2003

dave, et al,

second, my thoughts about what isc can offer.  we have space, power, sysadmin,
bandwidth and we can host any iron that is otherwise homeless.  we can host
content on our existing web/ftp servers, we can host IPR under our corporate
name (see www.opendarwin.org to see how apple used this).  a structure whereby
the publication, user support, release engineering, mailing list / newsgroups,
and "core team" all came to isc either under the isc name or under a new 501c3
entity incorporated as "NTP Association" would work fine.  you (dave) can do
backend R&D and we (hackers + isc) can do frontend release/support work.  UDel
would only have the responsibility of supporting you and your R&D work, and
everything else would become community-based and UDel-independent.

i don't know if a telephone call is better than e-mail for further discussion.

paul

re: