[ntp:hackers] Re: public server listing

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Tue Nov 9 06:29:18 PST 2004

> I gather CVS is much too weak to allow it to "feed" BK.

no.  it's just that with two systems and diffs being made to both,
it takes a human to work out the conflicts.

> There are too many things that bk does that cvs cannot do.

i doubt that.  if freebsd and bind8 and bind9 can get by with cvs,
then cvs probably has more capabilities than will ever be needed by
ntp.  whether bitkeeper has features ntp doesn't need isn't important.

> From what I have heard, the best we can hope for is that we
> take diffs and apply them.

i'm getting the sense that the tools (twiki, bitkeeper) are way more
important to a lot of you than the software (ntp) itself.  this isn't
nec'ily a bad thing as long as you document it.  i, myself, prefer
stone knives and bearskins because they're reliable and i know how
to use them and they don't distract me from the meat.  ymmv.