[ntp:hackers] BitKeeper (was: public server listing)

Harlan Stenn stenn at www.ntp.org
Tue Nov 9 11:52:53 PST 2004

We use bitkeeper under their "free use for opensource projects" license.

I would never have switched to BK if it would have cost any developer money.

I looked at CVS, bk, perforce, subversion, and something else, spending
over a year of time on the effort, and I had a lot of discussion with
Larry McVoy on the subject.

You do know that Linus uses bk and all linux kernel development and
maintenance is donw using bk, right?

There are other significant projects doing this too (like mysql),
please visit:

  http://www.bkbits.net

for a reasonable list.