[ntp:hackers] BitKeeper (was: public server listing)

Dean Gibson (NTP Administrator) ntp at ultimeth.com
Tue Nov 9 13:34:02 PST 2004

Dean Gibson (NTP Administrator) wrote on 2004-11-09 09:40:
>My understanding is that I would have to purchase a copy [of BitKeeper] in
>order to contribute to the NTP project.  If that is incorrect, please let
>me know.

OK, I was wrong that I have to purchase a copy of BK in order to
contribute;  I learned that from reading various Internet posts via Google,
and from a couple of recent eMails.  It certainly isn't easy to find that
out on BK's site.  Even then, reading the license for the free version
requires installing the product
first:  http://www.bitkeeper.com/Sales.Licensing.Free.html

OK, so most of my objections to BK are gone.  Too bad I didn't understand
the above 18 months ago when the switch to BK was made.  Sorry.

I still have some reservations about BK from what I've read, but those
won't affect my NTP contributions.

-- Dean