[ntp:hackers] Re: public server listing

Jason Harris jharris at widomaker.com
Wed Nov 10 11:16:20 PST 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 09:32:32AM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:

> Let's face it, BK can do things nobody else can do. Example: I'm one of
> the Debian maintainers of ntp. I don't have write access to your BK
> tree. I have checked in my patches locally and then set up a server for
> the other Debian-NTP team members to use (read-write, even). I can,
> whenever I want, reintegrate the "official" changes with a minimum of
> work, let alone hassle.
>
> This is basically impossible with CVS. Or with Subversion.

If the ntp tree gets exported to (read-only) CVS like the Linux
kernel does, can you not use cvsup to update a local CVS repo.
and store your own changes there as well?

Also, svk (a tool to manage multiple/distributed subversion repos)
and tla (which supports distributed development by default) should
be considered now too (for the master NTP repo.).

--
Jason Harris           |  NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
jharris at widomaker.com _|_ web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/