[ntp:hackers] webmaster (was: BitKeeper) (was: public server listing)

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Nov 10 11:17:54 PST 2004

At 6:32 PM +0200 2004-11-10, John Hay wrote:

>             If you really have to moderate it, can't the reply be
>  changed to something a little more friendly like "Thanks for your
>  email, we will get to it as soon as possible"?

	Okay, I have changed the text that will be sent back for
webmaster at ntp.isc.org, postmaster at ntp.isc.org, and abuse at ntp.isc.org,
based on what we have used elsewhere in the past for lists that are
closed but which might have reason to expect that people might try to
send mail to them.

	Of course, you are now whitelisted to all those recipients, so
anything you send using this same e-mail address will not be handled
via the standard non-subscriber moderation system, and you won't see
the improved response that we now have.

	If you want to try testing it out, you'll have to use a different
sender address.

	If you have any further suggestions regarding the language,
etc..., please let us know.  Those suggestions should go to
postmaster at ntp.isc.org, or to listmaster at ntp.isc.org.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755