[Fwd: Re: [ntp:hackers] Weekend error report]

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Tue Oct 5 22:38:18 PDT 2004

At 12:47 AM 10/6/2004, David L. Mills wrote:
Danny,

>>About the build. Originally, bridgeport and baldwin were to mount
>>pogo:/usr/local, but I see that is not the case. However, I see evidence
>>somebody (you?) built on bridgeport.

It was the case when I used it. However, the disk is full on bridgeport so
any build
is likely to fail. I didn't build on bridgeport but since the pogo disk was
mounted
I used the pogo build to test on bridgeport. I suspect your build failed
because
of the disk space problem.

When I ran ntpd on bridgeport I didn't see any broadast packets arrive even
though rackety was supposedly acting as a broadcast server. I couldn't tell
why, or if I waited long enough. How frequently is a broadcast packet supposed
to go out? It was receiving packets from the other servers listed.

Are there any other nodes receiving broadcast packets?

Danny