[ntp:hackers] Weekend

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Oct 10 19:38:16 PDT 2004

Danny,

Yes, I know the problem is with the client, but yes, the contraption did
really work up until recently. There was a little darling routine in
ntp_io.c I used to pry the address from the interface's cold dead arms.

Yes, pogo is the only other public server here, but it is restricted
only for Autokey access. I suppose I could back out the ntp_io.c routine
and put back the old one from /backroom/ntp-sim, which was known to
work, but that of course would complicate your testing. If this is
something you think might work in a couple of days, I will wait the
distance.

The problem with the ntpdc utility, at least, is that I and the USNO and
NIST keepers have a paper due in November and it uses data gathered with
monlist. However, that should be low on your priority list if on the
list at all.

Dave