[ntp:hackers] Building NTP on Windows: Suggestions

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung at meinberg.de
Tue Apr 12 05:19:09 PDT 2005

Hi!

I recently tried to update the winnt.html file which can be found in the
ntp-dev/html/build/hints directory and is _slightly_ outdated (refers to
4.0.99f. I'd need some input from the team regarding the "ToDo" section.
What has been already archieved and which new tasks regarding the
Windows Port have to be added? Is there any information available
regarding the usage of Visual Studio .NET?

Another thing is that the Visual C++ project files refer to an Include
path named openssl-0.9.7d and I'd like to ask if we should change that
to an environment variable pointing to the openssl directory which
should be used.  That could be done by changing the
"\openssl-0.9.7d\inc32" include dir into "$(OPENSSLSRC)\inc32", where
OPENSSLSRC is the env variable that has to be defined for each user (or
systemwide, if someone prefers that).

Next point: There are references to config.h in the Visual C project
files, these references are obsolete with the new makever script and as
these references only produce warnings, I'd like to remove those
references from the project files.

Any comments on that from the Windows guy(s)? :-)

Kind regards,
Heiko

*Meinberg Funkuhren*
Auf der Landwehr 22