[ntp:hackers] GPS weirdness with ntp-dev-4.2.0a-200503xx

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Apr 19 06:05:42 PDT 2005

Danny,

The staff here are mighty irritated about the comments here. Solaris 10
comes with gcc and a bunch of other public domain stuffs. It would seem
a really good idea to opt in with that stuffs, as Sun users will
naturally gravitate to them. Sure there are little other evils in the
new stuffs, but that's the way things are. If the NTP distribution is
really universal, it will have to deal with them.

I am also told gcc is current on the campus flock and pogo. Be advised
pogo does not mount the master servers here, as I requested that pogo be
available should the department flock and/or gareway come black hole.
So, it might be on occasion that pogo and whimsy for that matter, not be
completely current with the department flock. If a discrepancy is found,
please honk and we will fix it.

Harlan is unhappy about the state of grace in our sandlot and hints
better grace might be on external turf. That's a really good idea.
Please turn out the lights when you leave.

Dave