[ntp:hackers] Life after albert, etc.

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Wed Apr 20 11:39:36 PDT 2005

Harlan,

I have no idea why, but albert has returned to this life on its own. I
bought two 200-MB disks intending one for albert and the other for my
office machine malarky. I discovered the Ultra10 IDE can support only up
to 128 GB on IDE, so I will switch it with a Blade 1500 in my lab that I
didn't tell you about.

I now have two spare 200-GB disks. Also, pogo is getting full, so I
shoehorned another 18 GB SCSI from spares and will spin that up. We are
now working on the second terabyte and expect the third over summer. I
soon will have more stuff spinning than the rest of the department combined.

Wow, I found Solaris 10 supports my 2-GB jump drive on the USB. I'm a fan.