[ntp:hackers] No OpenSSL in ntpq and ntpdc?

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sun Apr 24 13:56:53 PDT 2005

Spam detection software, running on the system "maccarony.ntp.org", has
has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or block

Content preview:  At 04:26 AM 4/20/2005, Martin Burnicki wrote: >Harlan
  Stenn wrote: >>Heiko, >>I don't think much attention has been paid to
  knowing what executables >>need which subroutines from libntp. >>ntp
  does not need OpenSSL, but without it the only authentication mechanism
  >>that is available is MD5. >>If OpenSSL is available and used, then
  some areas of the code will use >>openssl and there will be areas that
  do not *need* openssl (but it may have >>to be there to satisfy some
  linkage issues or compiler #include issues). >>I suspect you are one of
  the first people to try and simply build ntpq by >>itself. If that is
  all you really want to do you should therefore be able >>to do it by
  removing the #define that says that OPENSSL should be used. >
  >Basically we are simply building the NTP package from the BK repo
  under >Windows. The config.h for Windows is fixed, part of the BK repo,
  and >contains "#define OPENSSL 1". During the build process the openssl
  headers >are required and included. [...]

 pts rule name              description
 2.8 DATE_IN_FUTURE_03_06   Date: is 3 to 6 hours after Received: date
 1.1 RCVD_IN_SORBS_HTTP     RBL: SORBS: sender is open HTTP proxy server
                            [207.7.200.226 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
 1.5 RCVD_IN_DSBL           RBL: Received via a relay in list.dsbl.org
                            [<http://dsbl.org/listing?207.7.200.226>]
 1.1 RCVD_IN_SORBS_MISC     RBL: SORBS: sender is open proxy server
                            [207.7.200.226 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
 1.5 RCVD_IN_SORBS          RBL: SORBS: sender is listed in SORBS
                            [207.7.200.226 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]