[ntp:hackers] More on the looping problems with some FreeBSDsystems

Greg Dowd GDowd at symmetricom.com
Thu Apr 28 16:54:17 PDT 2005

I've seen them.  I've even tried commenting out that section of code
which, as you rightly predicted, did not solve the problem that I've
seen with needing quiet time.  I'm still confused about why you want to
turn off clocal for acts?  The clocal doesn't prevent us from
interacting with the modem, just the state machine in the serial driver,
right?  What do we get by monitoring controls?  I understand the
requirement for DCD monitoring in kernel pps, just not here?

Do I understand you correctly that you intend to put a switch on this
section, but then default to using the switch in acts?  If so, what do
you gain?  Do you intend a configure switch for BAD_UART or something?

Greg Dowd
gdowd at symmetricom dot com (antispam format)
Technologist, TT&M Div.
Symmetricom, Inc.
www.symmetricom.com