[ntp:hackers] Running out of Recvbufs

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Fri Dec 2 03:07:46 PST 2005

Harlan Stenn wrote:

> So does anybody know how the decision to have 40 recvbufs was reached?

Probably from looking at maximum queue lengths at some (ancient?) point
in time?

> And if we run out of them, should we delete the oldest or the latest
> entries?

In the interest of the best possible timing, old packets should
definitely be discarded first.

For reflocks it really doens't make sense to have more than a single
packet outstanding, does it?

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>