[ntp:hackers] Clues on the rackety problem

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Feb 17 18:47:02 PST 2005

Guys (Danny?),

If I unplug the radio on rackety, start ntpd and plug it back in, it
comes to life. If it is plugged in when started, the driver loops on a
zero-length line. I suspect that for whatever reason the particular
serial port on rackety generates a spurious interrupt on initialization
if the carrier lead is up or something like that. I'm antsy to fix this,
as rackety is our public time server of record and it has lots of hungry
clients.