[ntp:hackers] Joy of ACTS, but some sorrow otherwise

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Feb 25 13:54:46 PST 2005

Guys,

The ACTS driver had a number of evil behaviors when confronted with
configuration errors, like no modem, broken modem and various procedure
errors. It has been largely rewritten and tested for ACTS, USNO and WWVB
with all the broken situations I can concoct.

Danny,

I read somewhere that you said the input_handler bug has been fixed, but
I can't confirm that in the ntp-dev branch here. I took out the "clock
read" error comment, so at least malarky has joy of modem. Neither
rackety nor clone mort have joy of the radio clocks. Both consume
prodigious volumes of CPU cycles; mort actually can read the clock, but
rackety cannot. The input_handler bug (if that's what it is) and various
multicast bugs continue to haunt here.