[ntp:hackers] Refclock samples are pushed into the filter even if not sync

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at gmx.de
Sat Jun 4 10:51:03 PDT 2005

Frank Kardel wrote:
> Looking into the bk repository this change was introduced with a
> patch from Dave on
> 04/10/02 03:55:09-04:00 :
[...]
> This patch dropped the return on LEAP_NOTINSYNC from the code.
>
> Frank

The question is whether the result is intentional or unintentional.

In the first case I'd ask for the reason why. Running "ntpq -p", users
would wonder why a refclock is not accepted as sys peer though it seems
to be reachable.

In the latter case it would be easy to undo that patch in order to let
ntpd behave again as expected.

Martin