[ntp:hackers] Notrust in 4.2

Dean Gibson (NTP Administrator) ntp at ultimeth.com
Wed Jun 22 16:45:33 PDT 2005

I'm unclear on the exact function of "RESTRICT ... NOTRUST" in v4.2.
The docs say, "Ignore all NTP packets that are not cryptographically
authenticated."  Does that mean the SERVER with that RESTRICT line will
ignore them, or that the client with that RESTRICT line will ignore an
unauthenticated response from the server (suggested by "This forces
remote time servers to authenicate themselves to your (client) |ntpd").

-- Dean (anxiously awaiting a better solution than my 160+ RESTRICT
lines for my public stratum-2 server)