[ntp:hackers] Re: IPv6 Multicasting

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Jun 29 14:15:14 PDT 2005

David L. Mills wrote:
> Danny,
>
> I can't tell what's wrong; an nslookup or dig on either Solaris (pogo)
> or FreeBSD (hepzibah) for pogo-ip6.udel.edu comes up not found.

Dave,

There's no problem that I can tell. pogo-ip6.udel.edu has an AAAA
record. It is NOT an A record. You won't find it if you look for an A
record.

mayer at pogo> dig pogo-ip6.udel.edu aaaa

; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> pogo-ip6.udel.edu aaaa
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 4, ADDITIONAL: 3

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;pogo-ip6.udel.edu.             IN      AAAA

;; ANSWER SECTION:
pogo-ip6.udel.edu.      86400   IN      AAAA
3ffe:b80:17d2:1:a00:20ff:fe81:76e7

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:

Danny