[ntp:hackers] IPv4 Multicasting fixed

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sun Mar 27 15:35:03 PST 2005

Dave,

I have fixed IPv4 multicasting. It turned out that your change that you made
to proto_config() did not set the sys_bclient flag for multicasting. I have
made that change and now bridgeport is merrily multicastclienting away
with packets from pogo.

I tried to get hepzibah to accept IPv6 multicast packets but it's failing
because it can't join the IPv6 multicast group. I need to look into that.
multicast/broadcast packets are no longer allowed on the wildcard
socket, I'm in the process of putting together code that will have them
accepted on a specific interface. This will then work for systems that
can't bind to a multicast address (Windows is one of them). First I
need to get the IPv6 multicast working.

Harlan will be pulling the code from me shortly.

Danny