[ntp:hackers] sntp

Anil Gunturu anil_gunturu at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 19:43:33 PST 2005

We are using it for an embedded application and prefer to use sntp because of its small footprint. The problem occurs on a linux platform (x86 and arm). I tracked the problem down to setjmp call. Using sigsetjmp instead seem to fix the problem.
-Anil

Danny Mayer <mayer at gis.net> wrote:
sntp is very much the orphan child of the project and I admit that I haven't
looked at it. It sounds like the code isn't using a select so it doesn't have
to wait on a recv. You'd have to supply more details to be sure.

The sntp code needs to get rewritten but I don't see doing that in the
near future. Is there a specific reason for not using ntpd instead? Also
what platform is this?

Danny