[ntp:hackers] BK Question (again)

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Sat May 7 22:16:41 PDT 2005

When I logged in today to see why my background PULL of the ntp
repositories was failing, I was presented with a BitKeeper License that I
needed to agree to to proceed.

I for one an not willing to even READ all this legal gobbl-de-gook
let along agree to it.

Is some method going to be made available to keep up to date with
current versions of NTP without using BitKeeper and their new license?

>From my perspective, someone who doesnt actuall 'use' BK, but only
uses it to keep a local copy of the code up to date, I have to say
Ive not been impressed.  About once a month I get a message saying
that my archive is locked, and cant be upgraded.  After grumbling a
bit, the only way around this has been to just do a new clone as I
was about to do today.  I dont remember that being a problem with CVS.

Perhaps until this problem is resolved, a script can be setup to
generate a daily (or weekly) tarball from whatever system is being
used to store the actual source.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com