[ntp:hackers] Audio refclocks in latest tarballs

Tim Shoppa shoppa at trailing-edge.com
Thu Nov 10 03:27:48 PST 2005

Harlan Stenn <stenn at maccarony.ntp.org> wrote:

> > Ah, if you can elaborate as to the hardware/OS details you have I'm sure
> > we can get you going.  I think refclock hacking is appropriate for
> > discussion on this list, if you disagree we can move elsewhere.
>
> The system is currently the only one described on the list at:
>
>  http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/IrigRefclockUsers
>
> > As to cleaning up the audio code, Dave has told us that he is utterly
> > disgusted with the layer-cake of #ifdef's etc. there but I don't think
> > it's hopeless yet! He's also expressed some dissatisfaction with the
> > /etc/audio.conf method, but I actually feel that the two together work
> > moderately well on Linux and FreeBSD, and I'm guessing that they
> > aren't hopeless on Solaris either.
>
> You know about:
>
>  http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Dev/NewNtpConfFormat#Audio_refclock_variables
>
> right?

No, but I looked and found no technical details that'd let me make
specific suggestions.  I see the you have the Irig audio "almost working"
but am left unclear on what does work and what doesn't.

If and when I get to a browser with https support maybe then I'll be
able to see the contents of the 3 bugs mentioned in the "Audio_reflock_
variables" section, if you think they're relevant you can speed up the
process by either pointing me to a non-encrypted way of viewing them
or just E-mail their text to me.

Tim.