[ntp:hackers] Dlink is abusing almost *ALL* stratum 1 servers :-(

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Apr 8 20:36:15 UTC 2006

In message <012701c65b4b$1d2a8b00$010aa8c0 at gw>, "todd glassey" writes:

>Poul - if you didnt like my last commentary - you really wont like this -
>you may have liability to trying to cut off D-Link... let me continue..

Todd,

You and I have fundamentally different views of how the world should
work

I don't think any lengthy emails will change either of us to accept
the others point if view.

I see this case as one incredibly stupid, greedy and irresponsible
vendor who has to clean up the mess they have caused..

And that's all.

I do not see it as a lever to implement a new world government of
all NTP servers.

I do not see it as lever to force people to pay for a service they
can have for free today, provided they behave themselves.

And I do not see it as a lever for you to build the empire you so
feverently crave to rule.

Now, we've heard your idea, now let the rest of the community
get a chance to find out what's happened, let them think about
it, and then lets see what we do.

In the meantime, I suggest you sit down and write up your proposal
in a coherent fashion.

Poul-Henning