[ntp:hackers] Updated core protocol document

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Feb 5 03:38:16 UTC 2006

Guys,

The core protocol specification is nearing final markup stage. I have
yet to cross check every little detail, and that is a painful process.
The PDF is on the project page. If you intend to prowl through it, but
have scarfed the original copy, better replace it with this one, which
will be uploaded overnight.

I had to toss in a core specification for the clock filter algorithm.
The reason for this is that multiple implementations will need to see
the statistics calculated by the clock filter in a consistent way;
otherwise, the possibly different mitigation algorithms could make
wildly different selections and there would be no way to compare their
performanc.