[ntp:hackers] configuration file rewrite

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 09:02:50 UTC 2006

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Dave tells me he has a student who is rewriting the ntp configuration
> file format and processing.
>
> As I understand it, a side effect of this effort will be that we will
> lose the mode 7 remote configuration stuff.
>
> Does anybody have a strong objection to losing the ability to remotely
> configure ntpd?

Harlan,

If I recall correctly, I could never get this to work even on a local
machine with the Windows NT port because of some key authentication issue.
Whilst one can stop and restart services, it would be "nice" to have a
unified approach that worked cross-platform.  But only "nice" - not
"essential".

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.net