[ntp:hackers] Core protocol document

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Jan 30 20:01:00 UTC 2006

Guys,

I am enclosing a (very) preliminary draft of the core protocol
specification. It is intended only as example of specification style.
The detailed content is certainly full of numerous typos and nits and
the figures need work. Disregard the references, which sneaked through
my template for another paper.

However, what I hope does come through is simple delclarative state
variable/processing steps devoid of principle or design intent. The idea
is to make the specification simple and straightforward. If the reader
wants detail rationale, principle or explanation, see the web or for
that matter the book.

I'm not asking for review and comment on this draft, just a suggestion
on style. When complete, the document will be published like the Autokey
document in PDF as a UDel technical report. I have no plans to pursue
this in the IETF publication format.