[ntp:hackers] Cool new stuff

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Fri Jul 21 15:25:51 UTC 2006

> If not, this makes vendors such as Sun and HP and
> Symmetricom mighty nervous.

sun and hp have already imported isc/lib/log.c (and eventlib) and vetted
the license.  but if that's a problem, feel free to fork the code, and ISC
will send UDel a letter donating a copy of the source without its license,
so that UDel can own its own copy.

let's be done, for once and for all time, with any concern about licensing
of ISC code for use in NTP.  we're wasting time and missing opportunities.

i am particularly upset since my use of and work on NTP predates my use of
and work on BIND, and my inspiration to use a BSD-derived license on all
of my work (and later, all of ISC's work) came from my appreciation of NTP
and the license it used.  dr. mills, every time you complain about ISC's
license, it feels like i somehow missed the point of your work, and i do
not think that i have.  i am one of your followers.  stop yelling at me
for trying to follow in your footsteps.