[ntp:hackers] NTP 4.2.3p7 Released

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Jun 22 02:25:53 UTC 2006

Paul,

The issue came up in a phone call with Harlan, when I concluded the
additional licensing issues, whatever their nature, was not justified.
Over the years I've managed to deprecate some files that were
copyrighted in the interest of avoiding such cases as when an IBM lawyer
showed up unannounced at my office and demanded I sign some release or
other. I refused on the principle that I won't grant priviledge to one
user at the expense of another. I think you also intend that model.

Dave